Statutes and Laws Specific to Marriage in Pennsylvania
Also See: Pennsylvania Divorce Laws
Title 23 of the Pennsylvania Legislature is “Domestic Relations.” Title 23, Part II is where you can find the Pennsylvania Marriage Code and all relevant sections, which describe in detail the laws that affect marriage in Pennsylvania..
Although you can view all the Pennsylvania Statutes at legis.state.pa.us, the site does not allow direct links to specific marriage statutes (if you know otherwise, please tell us). Here’s how to find the Marriage Laws (you can view these instructions along with instructional screen shots in the How to Find the Pennsylvania Marriage Statutes Online PDF):
1) Go to ‘legis.state.pa.us’ (by clicking the link above) and then click ‘Unofficial Purdon’s Pennsylvania Statutes from West’.
2) Click ‘Unofficial Purdon’s Pennsylvania Statutes from West’ and you will be directed ‘weblinks.westlaw.com’.
3) Scroll down and Click ‘Title 23 Pa C S A Domestic Relations’.
4) Click on the chapter for the Information You’re Seeking.
The important chapter related to Pennsylvania marriage is:
- Pennsylvania Marriage (Title 23, Part II)