Also See: Tennessee Divorce Laws
Title 36 of the Tennessee Legislature is “Domestic Relations.” Title 36, Chapter 3 is where you can find the Tennessee Marriage Code and all relevant sections, which describe in detail the laws that affect marriage in Tennessee.
Although you can view all the Tennessee statutes at michie.lexisnexis.com, the site does not allow direct links to specific marriage statutes (if you know otherwise, please tell us). Here’s how to find the Marriage Laws (you can view these instructions along with instructional screen shots in the How to Find the Tennessee Marriage Statutes Online PDF):
1) Go to ‘michie.lexisnexis.com’ (by clicking the link above) and then click on “Tennessee Code”.
2) Click the “Title 36 – Domestic Relations”.
3) Click the Title of the Chapter of the Information You’re Seeking.
4) For Example, click “Chapter 3 – Marriage” for the Sections under Marriage Code.
5) Click the Section for the information You’re Seeking under Marriage Code. A few of the important chapters related to Tennessee marriage are:
Do you have a question that may not be answered in this article? Ask it below and get an answer from Rocket Lawyer!